Thursday 6 March 2014

Product Review : Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Over the Top

The Colorbar Velvet Matte range of lipsticks are one of the best budget lipsticks out there. We all own 1 or 2 of them, I personally own 6 and I don't intend to stop there! My first ever lipstick that I bought was also a Colorbar Velvet Matte, sadly that 1 has been discontinued now.
Anyway, coming back to the topic at hand, today I am reviewing Over the Top from this range. 






Price: INR 275 for 4.2 gm

Pigmentation and Color:

This is a really pigmented shade and covers my pigmented lips entirely in 1-2 swipes. The shade is earthy reddish pink, and it brightens up my face as soon as I put it. It's quite dark, so it'll surely suit all skin tones. 



Swatch ~ Colorbar Over the Top

Texture:

Since it has matte finish, the lipstick is fairly dry. If you apply it on it's own, it'll tug the lips and the color wouldn't show up. So, you always have to apply a lip balm under it. I do wish it were creamier. But I always apply lip balm before any lipstick, so that's not a big negative for me.

Lip Swatch


Staying Power:

The best part is the amazing lasting power of this particular shade. It lasts about 6 hours with meals in between, after that a brown pink stain is left behind. If you ask me I love if a lipstick leaves a stain behind. I usually put a lip balm over it and I'm good to go!



To sum it all up:

Pros:
  • Pretty earthy reddish pink shade
  • Worth the money
  • Highly pigmented
  • Long Lasting

Cons:
  • Tugs the lips without lip balm

Will I buy it again? YES
Will I recommend? YES
Rating - 4.5/5

Do comment!

Love 
Team MASC

Disclaimer: The products mentioned have been bought from my own money and the views expressed are solely based on my opinion and experience.