Sunday 2 February 2014

Take Care : Curly Hair

Hey guys!

I have come up with a new 'Take Care' series for my blog. It's quite simple really! In each post I will be talking about 1 thing to take care of and how.

For this post I have chosen Curly hair!




I have naturally curly and thick hair and not like the ones in the picture above! They are a handful when it comes to styling them or trying to make them to look good. Believe me it's no easy task. Everyday when I wake up, my hair looks different! And after I wash them I have no way of knowing how they will set..Blah! If you can relate to my feelings then read on..

I have gotten my hair straightened twice and now I have succumbed to my natural hair and dedicated my life to trying to make them work! So I have come up with a regime that I do every time I wash my hair and it seems to be working well. Today, I will share that with you all. Let's begin!


    1. Oiling : Oiling is good for all hair types, be it curly or straight or wavy or any other that I can't think of. It makes your roots stronger and your hair shinier and stronger and basically better in all senses!


    2. Shampoo : Use a shampoo that doesn't dry out your hair. Dry hair get frizzy, and the last thing you want on top of having curly hair is curly frizzy hair! So whatever you do, try to maintain moisture in your hair at all costs. Oiling also helps retain moisture in the hair. The keywords you should look for in the shampoo that you choose should be smooth, silky, shiny, etc. And stay away from shampoos that are for oily hair even though you have oily hair. Currently I am using Tresemme's Climate Control shampoo.

   3. Condition : Shampoo strips your hair of the natural oils, conditioners helps you restore the moisture your hair may have lost in the shampooing process. You should ideally leave your conditioner on for about 2-3 mins. But if you have curly hair, leave it on for an eternity. But if you don't have that much time like me, leave it on for 5-10 mins. Currently I am using Tresemme's Climate Control conditioner.
        Sometimes I skip shampoo and just condition my hair. It works very well! I do that once a week.

   4. Serum : After washing my hair, I put on a serum to tame these tresses. Serums work great to give your hair extra moisture to control frizz. Currently I am using Brocato Actives Restorative Hair Infusion Serum which I got in one of my vellvette bags. After applying serum, I comb my hair with a wide toothed comb.

  5. Hair Balm : This step is optional, but I highly recommend it. I use Brocato Curl Calming Balm which again I got in a vellvette bag. I can't praise this product enough! Will do a separate review later. 

This balm has single handedly made my hair frizz less and tamed my curls and made them silkier and beautiful. I have received so many compliments on my curls since I have started using this product. I swear by it! The only problem is the availability of this product. 

  6. Straighten your bangs : Curls look great only at the back of your head. Trust me! No one likes curly fringes or bangs. Even if you don't have short bangs, I suggest you straighten the front part of your to give your hair and yourself a much cleaner look.


Need I say more?

  7. Lastly, don't forget to not comb! Many of us curly haired people don't realize that we can't comb/brush our hair as often as our straight hair friends do. Every time you brush/comb your hair, you are opening your curls up and that is not a good look.

I can guarantee if these steps helped my thick frizzy hair, they will help yours too!
Do comment and let me know if you have tried these steps and products or are planning to.

Love 
Team MASC

Disclaimer: The products mentioned have been bought from my own money and the views expressed are solely based on my opinion and experience.